OUR LAW FIRM’S MISSION
With over 35 years of combined experience, Desai & Miller is dedicated to helping others build their families. We work tirelessly to protect the rights of parents and children building families in this world of emerging reproductive technologies. Our attorneys have been instrumental in ensuring that Illinois is at the forefront of legally recognizing families born of assisted reproductive technology. Our firm achieves our mission of helping individuals navigate this challenging time through a number of activities, including:
- Assisting clients in making decisions about what method of family building is most appropriate for them;
- Representing clients who want to pursue one of the emerging varieties of reproductive options, such as donor gametes or surrogacy;
- Providing legal, policy, and strategic planning consulting services to medical providers, laboratories, and other family-building professionals, consumer organizations concerned with adoption and infertility, and public and private entities setting standards in these fields;
- Assisting clients with practical and financial issues, such as insurance coverage for infertility treatment and adoption, decisions about embryo disposition, and other preconception and pre-placement planning; and
- Promoting responsible development of family building options through service to not-for-profit organizations, participation in state and federal legislative efforts, and a variety of public speaking, media relations, and writing activities.